Now that summer is here, you and your family might be making some big road trip plans for the coming months. If you have a long car trip in your near future, make sure your car is road trip ready with these simple steps.
1. Check your fluids. You want to make sure all your vehicle’s fluids are in their ideal state. This includes the oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and even windshield washer fluid.
2. Inspect your wipers. If your windshield wipers are leaving streaks, it’s time to replace them.
3. Have the battery tested. You don’t want to be left with a dead battery while on vacation. Have it tested to make sure it has enough juice to last through the season.
4. Check your brakes. If you will be driving longer than 1,000 miles or driving through mountains, make sure all your brakes are at least 50%. If they are less than that, have them replaced.
5. Check your lights. Make sure all your lights, inside and out, are working. This includes your headlights, taillights, turn signals, and brake lights
6. Inspect your tires. Check your tires to make sure the tread is adequate and can handle any tough driving you may be planning.
7. Repair any lingering issues. If there have been any strange sounds coming from your car or if there is anything else that just doesn’t seem right, get it resolved before you hit the road.
Schedule a service appointment today with us here at Stalker Chevrolet and we will make sure your car is road trip ready.