Here in Iowa, winter comes early and lasts for a long time. That means now is the time to prepare your car for winter. With a few easy steps, you can help make sure you will make it through the season.
- Fluids. Your vehicle’s fluids are its blood. If any of them are low or dirty, your car will not run properly.
- Tires. During the winter months, you need tires that can cut through ice and snow and still stay pliable even when it is frigid outside. Consider switching to winter tires for optimal performance.
- Lights. As the days gets shorter, you will be spending more time driving in the dark. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working and angled properly.
- HVAC. You will need both your heater and air conditioner during the winter. Your heater warms you up, while the A/C removes the fog from your windshield.
- Emergency kit. In case disaster does strike, you want to be prepared. Make sure you have an in-car emergency kit with items like high energy snacks, water, blankets, road flares, a small shovel, etc.
If you want to make sure your car is ready for the cold weather ahead, schedule a service appointment right here at Stalker Chevrolet. We will give your car the professional touch.