Don’t wait until you find yourself stranded with a car that won’t start to acknowledge issues with your battery. Instead, pay attention to these five warning signs that your car needs a new battery, and save yourself the headache of towing a vehicle with a useless battery.
- Slow engine turnover. If you have noticed that your car is slow to crank when you start the engine, your battery could be failing. Have a technician test your battery life before you find it won’t crank at all.
- Dim lights. If you notice the lights in the cabin, dashboard, or exterior are more dim than normal, it could be related to a lack of power in the battery.
- Check engine or battery dashboard light. Don’t ignore your dashboard lights. The check engine light and the battery light can be an indicator that your battery is losing power.
- Low battery fluid. Car batteries usually feature a translucent area in the battery casing where you can check the fluid level.When the fluid falls below the lead plates inside, it’s time to have your battery tested, and likely replaced.
- Age. Car batteries tend to have a useful life of around three years. It’s always a good idea to have your battery checked at the three year mark.
For more battery warning signs, visit firestonecompleteautocare.com.
Here at Stalker Chevrolet, we can help you determine if you need a new car battery. If you have any concerns about the life of your battery, make an appointment with our service department today!